UK Coach Rally 2018 Winners
If you missed the recent happenings of UK Coach Rally last month, we have arranged a round up for you. To keep you more updated on the latest news and development of UK’s bus and coach industry, you can follow eCoach Manager blog pages. We constantly update our blog page about bus and coach industry news, and also provide an innovative all– in– one transport management system to maximize the profit of coach operators.
This 64th UK Coach Rally two–day annual competitive event staged at Blackpool for its third successive year was a complete success. There were no less than 49 entries that came from all different parts of the country. From Edinburgh to Bournemouth, and from Brecon in Wales to Newry in Northern Ireland, with each competitors bringing their own gleaming coaches and aiming to snatch this year’s prestigious Coach Driver of the Year award.
UK Coach Rally was set on the weekend of 28th to 29th April 2018 and proudly supported by the biggest brands of the coaching industry. The event major exhibitors were Arriva Bus & Coach, BASE Coach Sales, Mercedes–Benz, Irizar, MAN, Minis to Midis, Moseley in the South, Plaxton, and Volvo Bus & Coach. The UK Coach Rally managing director, Paul Cousin, opened up the event with a welcoming speech and wishing all the participants the best of luck.
About UK Coach Rally
The UK Coach Rally first event was held back in 1955 at Clacton Way. The rally is a competition that showcases the professional driving skills of coach drivers through maneuvering these huge vehicles in tight spaces and curves, while still driving safely and getting passengers to their destination in a smooth, friendly and relaxed manner.
Also, the UK Coach Rally exhibited the coach operators very latest models of their fleet and their preserved best vehicles of the past. And every Saturday evening, everyone puts on their finest attire to attend the dinner and dance celebration. Then on following day, the awards ceremony will commence for the announcement of winners.
UK Coach Rally Winners
Here are the announced winners of 64th UK Coach Rally 2018.
- Highest Placed Coach Operator in All Classes – Howard Snaith Coaches
- Coach Driver of the Year – William Brayford, Robinsons Holidays
- Coach of the Year – A&P Travel, Van Hool TX16 Acron
- Top Team of the Year – Jay & Kay Coach Tours
- Highest Placed Driver in Saturday Test – Chris Bibby, Bibbys of Ingleton Ltd
- Mini Coach Driver of the Year – Hannah Blake, Blakes Coaches
- Midi Coach Driver of the Year – Anthony Head, Decker Bus
- Runner–Up to Coach Driver of the Year – Russell Cooper, Coopers Tours
- Directors Challenge – Tom James, York Pullman Bus Company
For more results of the 2018 trophies and awards, visit UK Coach Rally webpage.