The BusNSW Member Conference 2018
The BusNSW Member two-days annual conference is held at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley. It was scheduled on the Thursday, 19th & Friday, 20th of April 2018 thus after the conference members will have the opportunity to extend their stay over the weekend. It is again already a success thanks to the sponsorship from the leaders of the industry.
The BusNSW Member Conference 2018 major sponsors include Volvo Bus Australia, Volgren, Wales Bus & Body Repairs, Pitcher Partners, Mobitec, Bustech, Hino, Thoreb, Scania and Western Sydney Repair Centre. For BusNSW members boot camp (sponsored by Finlease, Philip Boyle & Associates, and Prime Works) and the Annual Achiever Award presentation (sponsored by SURA).
This year’s entire conference program is truly packed and diverse. Even the accompanying persons get to have their own treat by visiting local attractions, winery tour, famous cheese shop and shopping. Accompanying persons tour is sponsored by Philip Boyle & Associates.
If you like to read more of the bus & coach industry latest news then follow our blog pages. eCoachManager blogs are constantly being updated about bus & coach industry news and developments.
So here is a brief highlights of the BusNSW Conference 2018.
The BusNSW Conference Speakers
The conference speakers came from both local and national government officials and also various leaders of the transportation industry. Here is the list of the distinguished speakers from 19th – 20th of April:
On 19th of April:
For business financials in profitability, pricing, and performance:
- Matt Wilson – Executive Director, Pitcher Partners
- David Fennell – Client Director, Pitcher Partners
For business objectives for managing employees performance:
- Ian McDonald – National IR Manager, APTIA
- Tim Capelin – Partner, Piper Alderman
On how to build your PR or public relations and promotions:
- Catriona Pollard – CEO, CP Communications
For vehicle mitigation, maintenance and insurance:
- Brett Gibbs – General Manager, Road Safety Inspections (BusVic)
- Michael Ryan – Senior Finance Broker, Finlease
The future of autonomous vehicles:
- Andrew Mehaffey – Director, HMI Technologies
On the 20th of April:
For opening and welcoming address:
- John King – President, BusNSW
The conference guest speaker:
- Michael Groom OAM – Mountaineer and Inspirational speaker
The government address:
- Hon. Andrew Constance – Minister for Transport & Infrastructure
RMS Compliance and Regulatory Issues for the Bus and Coach Industry
- Julie Morgan – Director, Insights and Education Services, Roads and Maritime Services
New NSW Passenger Transport Regulations:
- Jessica Linsell – Director Transport Services Policy, Transport for NSW
Update on the Bus and Coach Industry:
- Barbara Wise – Point to Point Transport Commissioner
Transport for NSW Strategy:
- John Karaboulis – Executive Director, Service Delivery and Asset Management
- Emma Reedy – Manager Operational Delivery, Service Delivery and Asset Management
On-Demand Transport Case Study:
- Representatives from Premier Illawarra On Demand
The Pathway to Autonomous Vehicles:
- Julian Gurney – National Sales Manager, Bus & Coach, Scania Australia
- David Mead – Vice President, Asia Pacific Region, Volvo Bus Corporation
The BusNSW Industry Report:
- Matt Threlkeld – Executive Director, BusNSW
National Bus & Coach Industry Update:
- Michael Apps – Executive Director, BIC
Annual Achiever Award 2018
This year’s Achiever Award winners were as follows:
- The Industry Achiever Award goes to Michael Kerr – Rover Motors.
- The Innovative Operator of the Year is Punchbowl Bus Company.
- The Outstanding Industry Contribution goes to Frank D’Apuzzo – Buslines Group.
- The Supplier of the Year is given to Volgren – Australian bus bodybuilder.
The given awards are to recognise excellence in the field of NSW bus and coach industry.